1.0. INTRODUCTION: KNEC has automated the management of contracted professionals across various functional business areas with a view of improving efficiency and accountability. This solution consists of a computer-based system at KNEC that integrates various agencies and service providers to collect, verify and report on activities and personnel involved in the administration of national examinations (i.e. contracted professionals)
2.0. THE CONTRACTED PROFESSIONALS SYSTEM (CP2): The contracted professional’s system Link/ URL: http://cp2.knec.ac.ke
- The Contracted Professionals System (CP2) is an integrated electronic system to automate the management of officers who are recruited to assist KNEC in administering the examinations.
- The main aim of the system is to ensure that KNEC captures correct, accurate and timely details of all the personnel who are involved in the supervision, invigilation and management of examinations. This will help KNEC to efficiently process claims for payments, monitoring attendance during the examinations period, accountability for the contracted professionals involved and streamline query resolutions.
- The system complements the current declarations forms that are signed and filled by all the personnel involved. In addition, contracted professionals’ data requested is stored in a central database for ease of management.
- All Contracted professionals are required to submit their details through the platform and apply for Job/Vacancies based on the roles they play during the administration of various examinations in regard to the supervision, invigilation, and management of each specific examination.
- 3.0. HOW TO ACCESS, REGISTER, CAPTURE, AND SUBMIT DETAILS
- 3.1. For first-time users
First time/ new users are the contracted professionals who have never registered in the online contracted professionals system. To register online, do the following:
- Visit the KNEC contracted professionals’ web: http://cp2.knec.ac.ke and follow the following steps to register in the platform and their submit details.
- Use the link/ URL http://cp2.knec.ac.ke/ to access the contracted professional website. You can do so by typing the link on the address bar of any browser (Firefox, internet explorer, Google chrome, etc.) or by clicking the link. The address directs the user to the login page as shown in figure 1 below.
- Click the link: Create an account to generate the interface for registering into the contracted professional system as shown in figure 2 below.
To create an account
- Enter your mobile number as shown in figure 2 e.g. 254722645678
- To confirm, enter the same number.
- Click the link: Create Account. You will receive the message in figure 3 below confirming that the login details (user name and password) as well as the link to access the CP2 system have been sent to the phone used for creating the account.
- Confirm receipt of the login credentials from the phone number used to create the account.
- Refer to the user manual for comprehensive guidelines on registration, system access, filling in details, application for a vacancy and submission of your details.
Enter your username and password as shown in figure 1. Click the link: Log in to open the contracted professionals’ home page for filling in missing details, updating existing details, applying for a vacancy, and online submission. The interface shown in figure 4 below will be generated.
Figure 4: Existing User’s home page
- To update/ edit details
- Click on the link Profile for the display of existing details previously captured in the system as shown in figure 5 below for viewing, editing and updating if need be.
- Click the specific link to view specific details e.g. Personal Information, Work Experience and Qualification as shown in figure 6 below.
- Click the Personal Information link to view the contracted professional biodata. Click the Edit link to enable editing and updating of the profile details displayed.
- Click the Work Experience link to view the contracted professional work experience details. Click the Edit link to enable editing and updating of the work experience details displayed.
- Click the Qualification link to view the contracted professional academic and professional qualification details. Click the Edit link to enable editing and updating of the qualification details displayed.
- For any additional information e.g. new workstation, qualifications, etc., Click the link Add to generate the interface for capturing new details.
- To apply for a Job/ vacancy
Select the correct information by clicking the drop-down Menus under the Jobs /vacancy. Search for the selected position, select, confirm and click submit to send the application.
SMS password to 22262 and a new one will be sent to your phone. Use the password received to login into the system.
Contracted professionals who have successfully registered and submitted profile details are required to proceed to the next step of applying for available vacancies. Job
vacancies are grouped for selection based the specific examination, activity type, duty station, position/ designation (role), county and sub county as indicated in figure 6 below under portion “C”.
- How to apply for a job as a contracted professional
Select the drop downs labeled 1 to 6 under portion C above to perform the following tasks under each of them:
|1. Exam||Select the type of examination for your job application. E.g. KCPE, KCSE…|
|2. Activity||Select the activity that you will be overseeing. Eg. Supervision and Invigilation|
|3. Duty station||Select the venue of the activity. E.g. Examination centre, distribution centre.|
|4. Position||Select your role (Designation). E.G. Centre Manager, Invigilator, Clerk…|
|5. County||Select the County where the activity will take place. E.g. Kisii, Baringo,Narok..|
|6. Sub-county||Select the specific sub-county within the county that you selected in ‘5’|
|7. Search button||Click the search button to generate the specific job based on your selection.|
The number of positions (job vacancies) available for the selection made by a contracted professional will be displayed after clicking the search button. This is shown in figure 7 below.
The feedback message for the specific job that the contracted professional has selected showing the details and the number of positions available will be generated as shown in figure 8 below. E.g. “Invigilator:- Exam 2017/3 Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, Activity: Supervision & Invigilationof exams, Duty Station: Examination Centre, Deadline 31Oct 2017, 83 positions.”
If the details are inaccurate, for instance your meant to select and apply for supervisory position instead of invigilation, repeat the job application process.
Click on the highlihted feedback message to confirm the application for the job. The infterface for confimation will be generated as shown in figure 9 below. Proceed with the process step by step to completion.
- 4.1.3. How to submit an application for a selected job
- Read the details displayed in figure 8 below to ensure they are accurate before submission of the job applied for. You can go back and select the correct details if need be.
- Click the “check box” highlighted in figure 9 below to confirm the application for the job selected.
- Click the “Submit Application” button.
The message “Thank you for submitting your application. The application shall be reviewed and you shall be notified shortly!” will be displayed as shown in figure 9 below.
Some contracted professionals may proceed with the application and submission of details without verifying and noticing they made a mistake. Eg. They selected the wrong examination or position. In this case, the application can be withdrawn by clicking the “withdraw Application” tab highlighted in red.
New applications can be made once again following the same job application process.
Users are reminded to ensure they log out of the system when they are done with the application process. This is to avoid unauthorized access to a third party(s) who may manipulate the information.
Center Managers will also be issued with a username and password to log in to the system. They will be able to view the officers assigned to their centers and subsequently record their attendance during the exam period. These attendance records will be used to process claims for all personnel.
- 4.3. Teachers Service Commission (TSC) Sub-County Directors
Access to the system will also be provided to the TSC Sub County Directors for purposes of reviewing deployment details, confirming attendance records and redeployment of supervisors and invigilators.
- 4.4. Sub County Directors Of Education (SCDE)
Access to the system will also be provided to the SCDE office for purposes of reviewing deployment details, confirming attendance records and redeployment of officers (if need be).
Always read the error messages to make corrections where necessary. For instance, if you are registering as a new user and you had registered before, the error message in figure 10 below will be displayed. Follow the instructions e.g. In this case, “send the word PASSWORD to 22262 to acquire your login credentials (user name and password)”.
- 5.0. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- NOTE: payments will only be made to officers who have submitted their details through the platform.
- A comprehensive user manual is available on the KNEC website: www.knec.ac.ke
- Contracted professionals should keep the details submitted up to date by login into the system to update where necessary. E.g. Change of the workplace, title or role, academic and professional qualification where need be.
- Contracted professionals should always login into the system to apply for job vacancies available for each examination they are involved in.
PART 2: ADVERTISEMENT FOR ONLINE INVITATION OF ALL KCPE AND KCSE
EXAMINERS FOR THE 2022 MARKING EXERCISE
1.0 The Kenya National Examinations Council invites Examiners for the 2022 marking
2.0 The site shall be accessible as follows:
2.1 KCPE Examiners – from Nov 2022;
2.2 KCSE Examiners – from 14th December 2022.
3.0 Examiners concerned are required to:-
3.1 access the KNEC Contracted Professionals website using this link:
https://examinersapp.knec.ac.ke and log in using their user name and
password. Those that have forgotten their passwords should click on reset
password button to enter their mobile numbers in the format
(2547) and submit to receive new ones for logging into the
3.2 upon successful login, complete their personal information and save. Using
the dashboard provided, access, download, print, and the invitation letters
and Marking Instructions. Further instructions on acceptance and rejection
of the marking offer are given in the invitation letter.
4.0 For further details contact any of the following:-
Telephone numbers: 0720 741003, 0732 333530, 0775 471980, 0775
Email addresses: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER