The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) is an independent
Commission established under Article 237 of the Constitution of
In line with Government Internship Policy, the Commission intends to
offer internship opportunity to qualified youth in various areas of
specialization to enable them gain practical work experience which
will improve their competencies and competitiveness in their career
Twenty – One (21) Internship opportunities in various areas of
specialization distributed as follows: –
S/NO PROFESSIONAL AREAS NO. OF
- Information Communication Technology
- Records Management 6
- Human Resource Management/
- Finance & Account 2
- Legal 1
1) Academic/Professional qualifications: –
a) INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
Bachelors in Computer Science, Information Communication
Technology, and Computer Technology, Software
Development, Information Security & Forensics and other
Recognized Bachelors of Science ICT Courses.
b) RECORDS MANAGEMENT
Bachelor’s degree in Information Science/Records and
Archives Management/Library Science, Knowledge of
Electronics Documents and Records Management Systems
c) HR MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management OR
Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences plus a Diploma in Human
d) FINANCE & ACCOUNT
Bachelor of Commerce
Bachelor of Business Administration
Bachelor of Arts Economics
Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB)
Completed the Post Graduate Diploma in Law from the
Kenya School of Law
Ability to undertake research and provide legal opinions
Fluent in written and spoken English and Kiswahili
2) Be a Kenyan youth aged between 21 and 35 years.
3) Must have completed their training and graduated in the last three (3)
years from a recognized Institution.
4) Must provide a certificate of proficiency in ICT.
5) Should have a Credit Bureau Certification. (CRB)
6) Should not have done internship in any other organization.
7) Should provide Certificate of Good Conduct during the selection.
1) Must be a person of integrity.
2) Must be goal oriented, dynamic, self-driven and diligent individual.
3) Should possess good interpersonal, communications skills and be a
The Internship positions will be for a period of twelve (12) months.
This is a non-remunerative position, however, the selected Interns will be paid a
stipend of twenty-five thousand (Kshs.25,000) per month.
Successful applicants may be deployed either to the TSC Headquarters or
METHOD OF APPLICATION:
Applications should be submitted online through TSC recruitment portal Website:
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications
by Monday 22nd November, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This is purely an Internship Programme for a maximum period of one year
and will not lead to automatic employment at the TSC.
Selected Interns shall be required to have a personal accident insurance
to cover for personal risks during the internship period. They will also be
required to have medical insurance cover by the National Hospital
Insurance Fund (NHIF) or any other reputable medical insurance firm.