|QUICK SAFARIS TRANSPORT COMPANY LTD F ½ Serve All, Serve Best.F ½ Internal Memo F ½ REF/NO: 651/3/2015F ½ To : All the Drivers and Conductors F ½ From : The Manager F ½ CC :The Assistant Manager F ½ Date : 25th March, 2015 F ½ Subject : Discipline and Code of Ethics F ½ It has come to my attention that most drivers and conductors are of late displaying a lot ofindiscipline. Majority of these workers arrive late,C-1usefoul languageC-2to the passangers and lack courtesy C-3even among collegues. Sadly, others have been caught giving bribe to the police, and receiving the same from our clients. OverloadingC-4, overspeeding and failure to wear uniform are all issues that are againstt our code of ethics. You are therefore sternly warned C-5that failure to change your behaviour and attitude will lead to dire consequences. Remember your company is your lifeline. The Manager F ½|
Format F = 4
Content C =5
Language = 3
- Internal memo
3 mks – The learner communicates with ease. No tense, or spelling errors.
- Subject- verb agreement rule observed
- -good paragraphing.
- Good use of sentence structures.
- A flawless writing.
2 mks – A few spelling and tense errors present. A few errors in sentence construction.
- Has a number of general errors but the student still communicates.
1 mk – Has all types of serious errors in tenses, spelling and poor paragraphing.
- The learner can’t communicate and one has to gues what he means.
NB: Do not award 0 (zero) mark for language.
- Sample Card
|QUICK SAFARIS TRANSPORT COMPANY LTD GUIDANCE COUNSELLING &DEPARTMENT F ½ Cordially invite,F ½ Mr/Mrs/Miss………………………………………………………………… F ½ To a motivationalC-½ talk that will be held on 28th March, 2015C-½ in the Bidii HallC-½at10.00am.C-½ The Guest Speaker will be: Mr. Nicholas Buteti,C-½ the C.E.O, Keya Roads and Transport Authority. The themeC-½ of the talk will be:Behaviour and Attitude change. Kindly observe punctuality. R.S.V.P F ½|
|The Manager, Quick Safaris Transport Co. Ltd, OR P.O BOX 10000-111101 NAIROBI TEL NO: 0727722700|
|The Head of Department, Guidance and Counselling Quick Safaris Transport Co. Ltd, P.O BOX 10000-111101 NAIROBI MOBILE: 0700722727|
Format F = 2
Content C =3
Tone T =1
Borders B = 1
- Cloze test
- strong/long(any 2 × ½) = 1mk
ii) Alliteration1 mk
iii)sweet sensation sound/s/
sleep whispers softly (2mks)
iv) I would dramatize1mk by lowering1mk my tone. I would also say it in a slow pace, to create the
onset1mk of the approaching sleep.
i.e Non-verbal (dramatize ) 1mk
Verbal (pace or tone) 1mk
- Maintain eye contact.
- Adopt a posture that is authoritative because this might elicit a positive response
- Do something unexpected like referring to a specific person by name, without embarassing them.
- Begin by clearing the throat.
- Clap or ring a bell.
- Begin by telling a joke.
- Begin with a famous quotation or a proverb.
- Greet the audience.
- Sing a relevant chorus.
(Any 5 points × 1= 5mks)
- Personification ½ mk (Identification)
- To entertain
- To help the child in language acquisition.
- To help the child appreciate and learn about his/her environment.
- To sharpen the wit.
(Any 2pts ×1= 2mks)
- ob.serve(1mk × 4 = 4mks)
- muscle – mussel
- worn – warn
- come- cum
- which- witch
- The father does not prepare to listen, i.e does not adopt a listening posture.
- He interrupts severally i.e does not adhere to the turn-taking rule.
- He is not emphathetic – he does not put himself in the shoes of his daughter in order appreciate where she is coming from.
- He is full of self-importance / self-praise. This prevents him from reaching out to his daughter.
- He is absent-minded – he changes the topic abruptly thus interrupting the flow of the conversation.
- He has pre-conceived ideas about Chemistry. He doesn’t give the daughter a chance to explain herself.
- He is unwilling to see his own shortcomings as far as listening skills are concernrd.
e.g he says, “I heard you” – he believes he was listening.
- He is insensitive – he does not realize he has hurt his daughter by not listening to her.
(Any 6 points ×1=6pnts)